I know that Clare Bowditch, singer-songwriter extraordinaire, needs no introduction from me.
If you've read The Divided Heart and watched her career blossom over the years, you will know just what a stellar job she's done of combining family life with the demands of high-pressure work in the music and TV industries.
And if you've read interviews with Clare or seen her perform live, you'll also know what an unusally warm, honest and big-hearted soul she is. A woman with bucketloads to give!
So lucky for us, this is just what Clare is planning to do next: use her experience of forging a successful creative life to help others do the same. And to get things going, she's set up a Pozible Campaign for her Big-Hearted Business.
She's got loads of goodies for supporters. But I'll let Clare tell you about that:
Over the years, some of you have come to my shows, drunk a little too much, and trapped me in corners with questions like:
- Can you come over to my house for Devonshire tea and Pimms Cups? (Yes!)
- Can I come over to your studio and record with you and Marty? (Yes!)
- Can you make a surprise video proposing to my partner for me? (Yes!)
- Have you got any rare super-fine merch for sale? (Yes!)
- Can you help me work out how to make my living as an artist? (Yes!)
- My job is freaking boring. Can you come over and make it fun? (Oh YES!)
Today, the answer is a very sincere YES, to all of the above. To cash in, all you gotta do is get your buttski over to our new Big-Hearted Business POZIBLE CAMPAIGN. Please share the link far and wide!
In advance, thanks for supporting this: it means a lot, you'll see why.
If you want a little insight into what Clare's Big-Hearted Business will be all about, watch her inspiring TED talk below:
'Falling in love with your muse' Clare Bowditch at TEDxLittleLonsdaleStWomen, 1 December 2012 from Emily Hehir on Vimeo.