Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A cuppa tea and a chat...

NORTHERN NOTES WRITERS FESTIVAL
The Divided Heart: Art and Motherhood

Why do women still struggle to reconcile their artistic and maternal selves?

Please join me, with singer-songwriter Emma Tonkin, actor-musician Alice Garner and artist Sarah Tomasetti in a discussion about keeping the work alive amid the overwhelming demands of motherhood.

Stick around and say hello afterwards if you can make it!

3.30–5.00pm, Sunday 9 November
Festival Hub
1st Floor, Northcote Town Hall
189 High Street Northcote

5 comments:

Damon Young said...

Best of luck for tomorrow!

Rachel Power said...

Thanks Damon. Fab show on regret on Life Matters the other day! and I have a few words for Mr Shingleton, which I will put on your blog...

carole epp said...

Hi Rachel, I just realized you had a blog. Fantastic. I finally got my copy of The Divided Heart shipped to me here in Canada and am slowly (as my little one sleeps and the kiln is firing) working my way through it. It's wonderful, so often I feel as though the words are plucked right from my mind Thank you so much for this. It is giving me comfort, inspiration and helping to relieve some guilt.
Just wondering if you've seen this:
http://www.whodoesshethinksheis.net/
All the best and many thanks.

Rachel Power said...

Carole, thanks so much for getting in touch and for your kind words. I've been checking out your fabulous blog for a while now--just so impressed by all these women managing to combine their children and their craft so beautifully, no matter how hard at times! I have just started hearing about the film you mention and suddenly feel part of some strange synchronous phenomenon, which is wonderful! Great to see that the film is getting such an impassioned response. Can't wait to see it here. I'm so pleased my book is speaking to you--and to know it reached you all the way away in Canada.

Shannon Garson said...

I wish I could come-It sounds great.