Thursday, December 9, 2010

Divided Hearts on the radio

Hey there loyal friends

Apologies for the lack of recent blogging. Rest assured, I have not run out of things to say yet... so watch this space.

In the meantime, Clare Bowditch is interviewing me (there's a little role-reversal for you) next Monday at 8.30pm on local ABC Melbourne 774AM.

She's doing the 7-10pm slot every night next week, BTW, so tune in.

We are going to have (yet another) chat about how to juggle family responsibilities with creative urges; the value of passing on creative expression to our children; the social benefits of creativity... That kinda thing.

It's a talkback, so please do call in if you can and tell us your own experiences/ideas on these matters. Be lovely to hear you (kind readers still checking in on me).

6 comments:

Red Hen (dette) said...

I hope that us non locals will be able to hear what you have to say too.

Jo said...

Fab!
Hi Rachel, great to see you back here! Am friends with some of the crew you interviewed for Divided Heart(Sally, Flip)and dancer/mother myself. Wanted to share a link with you to a BIG new venture teaming kids and creativity and the work of the mother artist. Check out if you get a second amid the madness! Jo

Jo said...

www.bigkidsmagazine.com

Sally Rippin said...

Will definitely listen! How fun! Love the pic of Freya.

julieb said...

Hi Rachel, I met you at Varuna.

Had to tell you I sent The Divided Heart to my writing buddy in Brisbane- a journalist at home with two young children and writing a novel.

She said: Have started my bday present and love it. It is EXACTLY how I feel. Thank you so much for picking it out for me. I'm surprised it hasn't become a worldwide bestseller. Plus it's beautifully written. Feels good to know other people are in similar situations.

Congratulations again, and good to see you up and out there. It is such a very good and important book. all the best
JulieB

Rachel Power said...

Julie, thank you so much for letting me know that. So lovely to hear. If only the book had become a worldwide bestseller... Then I might get more time to write!
How is your work going?!
x Rachel